Re: [iot-wg] Updates to Asset Tracker

Benjamin,

The Azul guys are still trying to setup our own instance of Asset Tracker for some experiments. The main one is powering the Kapua/Elastic/OpenShift back end on the Zing JVM, as I mentioned in the earlier email. I showed them the place on GitHub to pull the source and components. Would you (and any of the contributors to the Asset Tracker 1.0 back office components) be open to a phone conference so my teammates can pepper you with questions, perhaps in early January? They got through the Kura side of the setup already. Thanks much.

Matt

From: Matt Schuetze
Sent: Thursday, December 7, 2017 4:15 PM
To: 'iot-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx' <iot-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Updates to Asset Tracker

Benjamin,

Thanks for pointing out eclipseiot-testbed-productionperformancemanagement is the Industry 4.0 TestBed. I misunderstood its purpose. Sorry for the confusion.

Part of the reason we want to setup a second instance is that we want to test running the Asset Tracker back end tier on the Azul Zing JVM. Can we instead update your OpenShift Origin deployment to use Zing? If so, then we don’t need a parallel deployment.

If you are willing to try that experiment, we’ll help troubleshoot the installation and setup.

--Matt

Back to the top