Re: [iot-pmc] [kanto-dev] Eclipse Kanto has no project lead

Hi everyone.

Girish must first attain committer status to become eligible for the project lead position. To my knowledge, he is not currently a committer. See this page: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.kanto/who

A project's current committers can elect new committers after the candidates build a public record of contributions to the project. In other words, we need to see a history of merged pull requests from Girish (or other public contributions) before he can be elected.

This is the relevant section of the Eclipse project handbook: https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#elections

I shared this information with Girish and will meet with him soon.

Best Regards,

Frédéric DESBIENS

Senior Manager — Embedded and IoT | Eclipse Foundation

Open Community Experience 2024

Join us in Mainz, Germany! October 22-24, 2024