[hono-dev] Policy proposal for supported versions

Hi all,

On the community call today we discussed the policy we want to introduce going forward regarding the "supported versions". These are the versions for which we'll actively produce patch/micro releases for critical and security issues.

The decision we made is to limit these back to two previous minor release versions. For example today, that would be 1.4.x, 1.3.x and 1.2.x releases. This would in normal circumstances allow everyone to upgrade to the supported version within a six months period (considering 3 month minor release schedule). Of course, in the exceptional cases we could do patch releases beyond this policy.

We would like to hear your feedback on this and if you can let us know if there are any concerns regarding this policy.

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac
http://sensatic.net/about