Re: [hono-dev] Make assertion token optional

Definitly +1 J

From: hono-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <hono-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Dejan Bosanac
Sent: Donnerstag, 18. April 2019 10:21
To: hono developer discussions <hono-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [hono-dev] Make assertion token optional

+1

As we discussed it multiple time, I think it’s a good idea and it’d be good to do before 1.0.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 10:12 AM Hudalla Kai (INST/ECS4) <kai.hudalla@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi list,

after having removed the Hono Messaging component altogether, there is not much
use for the token returned by the Device Registration service in its response to
a protocol adapter invoking the assert registration operation.

However, creating the signed JWT in the device registry is an "expensive"
operation and thus has quite an influence on the overall throughput of the
registration service.

I therefore propose to mark the token as optional in the assert Registration
operation. And I think we should try to get this into 1.0 ...

WDYT?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Ullsteinstr. 128
12109 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered Office: Berlin, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB
148411 B
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Managing Directors:
Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn, Dr. Aleksandar Mitrovic