[hono-dev] Using Stackoverflow for questions

Hi list,

so far we have encouraged users to use the mailing list for posing questions
regarding Hono. Based on the resonance we get on the list (regarding questions) I
doubt that many users feel very comfortable using the list in comparison with
e.g. creating a GitHub issue. It requires people to register and figure out how
to read responses in a thread with all the indented original content etc.

On the other hand, people seem to love StackOverflow, so I wonder if we could
leverage that preference to our advantage and encourage people to use
StackOverflow to ask any Hono related questions, using a Hono specific tag to
mark such questions as Eclipse Hono related, so that we are able to easily find
such questions (and answer them on StackOverflow).

WDYT?
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Ullsteinstr. 128
12109 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered Office: Berlin, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB
148411 B
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Managing Directors:
Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn

Back to the top