Re: [gemoc-dev] Request for Assistance - Debugging - Gemoc Project

Hi Rijul

Le 27/01/2018 à 00:12, RIJUL SAINI a écrit :

Hi Team,

I am a Masters student at McGill University, Montreal, Canada.

As a part of an academic project, I have created a small sequential language for health care domain. I have used Gemoc language and modeling workbench for the same. The basic features related to debugging like Multidimensional trace, forward and backward debugging are working fine. However, I have few questions.

1. I have noticed that after downloading GEMOC Studio Eclipse package V2.3.1 - 2017/09/15, many files get missed out because of long file name. I have tried different extractors but the same result. As of now I am using an old version V2.3.0 - 2017/02/27.

I suppose you are working with windows (I already faced that in the past before moving to ubuntu ;-) ), this is a limitation of the OS/unzip utility
except trying yet another zip tool we do not have better solution than unzipping in a folder with a shorter name ....
(It's a pity to still have such limitations in windows in 2018 :-( )

2. I am unable to add debugging and animation layer as a language extension of my parent language. It is required to enable breakpoints while debugging. I have taken reference from the online tutorials but it appears that there are some changes in the version of Gemoc studio used by me and hence I am unable to produce the animation effect/enable the break points for my DSML.

Need more details for better answer : however here is some stuff you can try:
- does your debug and/or animation layers work in edition mode if you provide a model that directly conforms to the executable language ? have you tried to enable disable this layer ?
If yes, (if it doesn't work, you need to fix it first) then the problem is probably in the "magic" string couples
in protected List<StringCouple> getRepresentationRefreshList() { of animation service and debug service classes for you languages

In addition, I might be working on another project where I would be studying the evolution of Metamodels over time. For this, I would be requiring the access to Gemoc repository so that I can see different version of ecore files used. Request your help on this.

All repositories are open source (official eclipse : https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/modeling.gemoc/developer ). You can even contribute if you wish (via a fork and then using pull requests) :-)
Additional tools provided using the "discovery"/update site, are usually also provided as open source but on other repositories (if you have a cool tool /language we would be happy to add it there ;-) )

We've migrated to eclipse but some web page are still a bit out of date so, do not hesitate to ask.
Firstly the current code in the repository is now compiled and distributed using eclipse infrastructure (we need to update the download page to point there)
- the latest milestone is here  http://download.eclipse.org/gemoc/packages/milestones/3.0.0rc1/?d (click on show directory content)
- the current nighlty build is here (https://ci.eclipse.org/gemoc/job/gemoc-studio/job/master/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/gemoc-studio/gemoc_studio/releng/org.eclipse.gemoc.gemoc_studio.product/target/products/ )

Best regards
Didier Vojtisek

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,