Re: [faces-dev] Jakarta EE9 JSF Spec Version Question

i'm +1 for 2.4 or 2.9

and still +1 from my side for very very small improvements, to make code of component libs bit nicer (you, know something like https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/mojarra/issues/4568)

Am Fr., 15. Nov. 2019 um 23:56 Uhr schrieb arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

I presented some suggestion in my recent presentation. See the part starting here: https://youtube.com/watch?v=fMzQ0B1szSw&feature=youtu.be&t=1700

The initial suggestion was 2.9 for the namespace, then 3.0 for the new feature version. The reasoning being 2.9 is not really intended for users to switch too, but more of a version to prepare tooling for, and for users to test with.

Since Jakarta EE is going for a major "9" version release, despite it being themed similarly (for tooling and for testing), maybe the better course of action is to go to 3.0 for the package change, and 4.0 for the next major version release, as incidentally several people suggested before.

Thoughts?

Kind regards,
Arjan