[emft-dev] Action Required :: Update your Abouts w/ 3rd Party IP (was Re: About Files and IP Log for Modeling EMFT - Ganymede)

*Sharon:*

Sorry for the delay -- just found this email tonight.

The content below has been added to the quasi-dynamic IP log [0]. Consider this yet another resubmission. :)

Unfortunately, without the committers/project leads providing usage details & location info, it's a little incomplete.

[0] http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emft/project-info/ipquery.php#section3

*EMFT Component Leads:*

Please update your Abouts (about.html, about.*) per these guidelines [1] and this template [2]:

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl/about.php
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl/longabout.html

Also, if you use the aforementioned 3rd party IP in your component, please update the ipquery.php file (or send me your details and I'll do it). To update the file, see [3]:

[3] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Modeling_Project_Releng/Releasing/IP_Log#CASE_3:_Large_code_contributions_.26.2For_third_party_code

When your abouts are up to date, you can resubmit by letting me know, or by them following these steps:

a) First, sources are collected from your mapfiles using this script [4]. Maps are linked on the downloads page for every build. b) Next, Jeff McAffer's org.eclipse.orbit.releng.aboutextractor tool [5] should be used to collect the about files for each mapfile's sources into a new directory.
c) Finally, those directories should be zipped and send to Sharon.

[4] http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/CVS_Source_From_Mapfile
[5] http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg02409.html

Thanks for your attention to this,

Nick
On Behalf of your PMC

Sharon Corbett wrote:

HI Ed/Nick:

The EMFT IP Log currently indicates no third party packages.

For any approved third party packages being distributed which originate from Orbit we do not expect to see their About Files, but we do expect to see the package included in the IP Log (with notated approved CQ#). For those approved packages being distributed which do not originate from Orbit, we need to see review their About Files and they also need to be included in the IP Log. The following may help:

224

approved_all_projects

RESO

FIXE

Apache Commons Logging Jar Version: 1.0.4

Orbit

303

approved_one_project

RESO

FIXE

LPG Runtime and Generated OCL Parser Version: 1

Orbit

336

approved_all_projects

RESO

FIXE

Apache Tomcat Version: 3.2.4

Historical Approval

1525

approved_all_projects

RESO

FIXE

org.apache.ant Version: 1.6.5

Orbit

1526

approved_all_projects

RESO

FIXE

org.apache.commons.logging Version: 1.0.4.v200701082340 (available from orbit)

Orbit

1527

approved_all_projects

RESO

FIXE

Apache Commons Line Interface version 1.0

Orbit

1555

approved_all_projects

RESO

FIXE

jpox-1.1.7.jar Version: 1.1.7

Apache 2.0

1556

approved_all_projects

RESO

FIXE

jdo2-api-2.0.jar Version: 2.0

Apache 2.0 (not being distributed required for build)

1769

approved_all_projects

RESO

FIXE

JMS Spec 1.1 (Glassfish) (PB CQ1614)

CDDL

1858

approved_all_projects

RESO

FIXE

jackrabbit-jcr-rmi Jar Version: 1.3

Orbit

1863

approved_all_projects

RESO

FIXE

JavaCC from CVS (20070207) Version: 4.0+

New BSD

1946

approved_all_projects

RESO

FIXE

Apache Commons Logging Jar Version: 1.0.4 (PB CQ224)

Orbit

1947

approved_all_projects

RESO

FIXE

Apache Commons Line Interface Version: 1.0 PB CQ1590)

Orbit

1948

approved_all_projects

RESO

FIXE

Apache Commons Lang Version: 2.1 (PB CQ1595)

Orbit

2218

approved_all_projects

RESO

FIXE

ANTLR runtime Version: 3.0 (PB CQ1921)

Orbit

2241

approved_all_projects

RESO

FIXE

jcr-1.0.jar Version: 1.0

Day Spec License

2300

approved_all_projects

RESO

FIXE

wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar Version: 1.6.2 (PB CQ1660)

Orbit

As such I’m guessing you will resubmit About Files as well as the IP Log.

Thanks,
Sharon

--
Nick Boldt :: Release Engineer, IBM Toronto Lab
Eclipse Modeling :: http://www.eclipse.org/modeling http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/User:Nickb

Back to the top