Re: [embed-cdt-dev] Software Repository Reports - 2020-12

On Nov 7, 2020, at 6:40 PM, Liviu Ionescu <ilg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 8 Nov 2020, at 01:23, Marc-Andre Laperle <malaperle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For the packed stuff, check tycho-pack200a-plugin and tycho-pack200b-plugin in https://git.eclipse.org/c/cdt/org.eclipse.cdt.git/tree/pom.xml?h=CDT_10_0_0

Ok, I noticed something there, but I could not find any documentation about them.

Notice how the signing (eclipse-jarsigner-plugin) is sandwiched between the two, this is important for this to work correctly.

Ok.

Shell I understand that all other mentions of ilg.gnumcueclipse in those reports is not to be worried about?

No, I was just too lazy to check/reply for the other ones ;)

"IUs in current, but not in reference”

I think it’s just comparing against 2020-09, so it’s probably fine that the plugins are listed there.

"Features with no license attribute

The report itself looks suspicious as many in the same category are most likely correct. I’m not sure how much the code of these reports is maintained. At this point, I wouldn’t take it as source of truth but more as a hint of what to double check.

Oomph hosts another simrel report that I believe is more maintained albeit it doesn’t check exactly the same thing. It’s worth checking too

Specifically for Embed-cdt:

Not mandatory at all but it’s nice also to have source reference set up, so that people can find where the code came from more easily and use the “Import from repository” feature in PDE

Marc-André

Thank you,

Liviu