Re: [embed-cdt-dev] Introduction

> On 13 Apr 2020, at 16:34, Donald Wilde <dwilde1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello, Liviu!
>
> Hope I can help you make this better!

Hello Don, thank you, any help is highly appreciated!

> I am currently working with a
> STM32 NUCLEO-F746-ZG board with an M7 on it, using the ST-supported
> tool set and FreeRTOS.

Yes, that's a good platform to experiment with.

My workhorse is STM32F4DISCOVERY, since it is more common.

> What do you need help with first?

Good question...

> I use Ubuntu Linux as my desktop,
> but I have a Doze10 partition as well.

I use macOS and lots of virtual machines, and even more docker images.

Right now we are in the middle of the migration process to Eclipse Foundation, there are mainly legal issues to solve, I don't think we can do much to speed this up.

As for priorities, I have so many sub-projects started in parallel, that I don't know which one to handle first.

From the Eclipse plug-ins point of view, I think that a refurbish of the STM32F templates, or, in general, all Cortex-M templates, is long due.

So, if you are interested, I suggest to take a look at the SiFive RISC-V template plug-in, since this is the model I plan to use for the new template projects.

The Eclipse plug-in is actually a wrapper over the CLI template, that can be instantiated outside Eclipse:

	https://github.com/micro-os-plus/sifive-templates-xpack

You don't have to spend much time on the RISC-V specifics, but I would appreciate any help on the general design.

If you have any feedback, please let me know, preferably via the project forum.

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top