From: duncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <duncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: April 30, 2021 2:22 PM
To: openhw.twg@xxxxxxxxxxx; corev-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx; openhw.member-reps@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Reminder - TWG Chairs Election - Nominations due May 6

Hello,

As discussed in the TWG meeting this week, we are holding an election for TWG Chair and Vice-Chair. To recap:

  • Self-nominations open to Platinum/Gold Members
  • If interested, please send email to duncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx by Thursday May 6, midnight EST. Also, feel free to reach out for more information via email, or on Mattermost @duncanbees

The TWG Chair and Vice-Chair play a major role in the technical governance of the OpenHW Group, and this is an opportunity for industry influence. Working together with OpenHW Staff and the member community, the chairs will have a strong hand in:

  • OpenHW technical roadmap and release plan
  • Coordination with the technical TGs.
  • Focus on industrial quality IP creation
  • Project/gate reviews
  • Encouraging discussion and ideation
  • TRL mapping on projects
  • Specification and development process
  • External communications about OpenHW technical work

The extra time commitment will depend upon individual approach, but as an estimate, 4 hours per month should be assumed.

Thank you,

Duncan Bees

Director, Technical Programs

OpenHW Group