[cdt-dev] Building CDT with out changes

I've been struggling to get our builds going and was hoping someone
could lend a hand.  We make some modifications to a few CDT plugins.
Some of our plugins depend on these modified CDT plugins.  We have
created a feature plugin and are trying to build it in the same fashion
that Eclipse itself is built using the headless builds.  I have read
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-PDE-Automation/automation.html
and created the map file, customTargets.xml and build.properties for our
feature.

The main problem seems to be getting our modified CDT stuff to build,
and have the jar files remain in the headless workspace so that our own
plugins will build.  We want to keep the features separate (CDT and our
own).  We need to check out the CDT sources from our own repository with
our changes.  Basically what I have done is take org.eclipse.cdt-feature
and created a map file for it corresponding to our repository.  I
include the CDT feature in our feature plugin and make it a dependency.
When I run the build of our feature I expect it to build the CDT feature
and then our own.  I haven't gotten very far with this approach thus
far.

I guess it would help to know if anyone else is doing something similar
and if I am on the right track or not.

Thanks,
Warren
Nokia Developer Tools