[cdt-dev] Progressing towards 2.0 GA

Hi all,

I thought we should go around and see how we are progressing towards the GA milestone targeted for the end of the month.

The Eclipse platform declared RC3 just this past weekend, and they have identified about 25 defects that they will still want to fix before going GA. So, they are planning to have RC4 built by the middle of this week, and once those 25 fixes have been tested and verified, and assuming no further regressions, they will announce GA likely before the end of this week (June 25).

Given that Eclipse will be done by June 25, we should think about drawing a line for when the CDT could build our (first) release candidate. Once we do that, the goal would be that everyone takes a good look at the build to make sure we have no further show stoppers. If we don't we could declare GA after a few days of soak. If we do, we would do another release candidate build, and so on...

So, what say you? What's a reasonable target for an initial release candidate? End of the week? Early next week?

Cheers,

Kleo Hapitas

Back to the top