[cdt-dev] Interface to Scanner has changed

Hey gang,

We have started focusing heavily on the performance of the parser. As part
of our work to improve it's performance, we are moving towards strictly
using char[]'s instead of Strings. As part of that move, the Scanner now
takes a CodeReader object, which simply contains a char[] and the filename
if any of the file whose contents are in the char[].

I have adjusted all areas that create Scanners. If you need to create a
scanner, please let me know and I'll tell you how to create your very own
CodeReader.

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

Back to the top