Re: [cdt-dev] Committer rationalization

> Hi folks,
>
> I've updated the proposal below to reflect the comments from Alain and Sean.
> In particular, I changed the following:
>
> - added Dave Daoust as commiter to the doc/web plugins
> - added debug.core.tests plugin
> - added managedmake.core.tests plugin (maybe this should just be
> managedmake.tests to
> cover both core and ui tests -- opinions?)
> - added Alain to the doc and releng plugins
> - added Mikhail to the launch plugin
>
> I have not made any changes for the GNU plugins -- Alain, let's discuss and
> maybe float a separate proposal.

Ok.
Folks are contributing more and more ... this is good, but
it carries a logistic problem ... where to put those things.
It would be nice if the cdt base plugins remains language/tools agnostic.
GNU tools are special since they are so common. Having plugins on Sourceforge
can be a problem when doing the cdt build/distribution.  The second point;
we've agreed that the gnu tools will be the default implementation for the cdt:
gdb back-end for the debugger, understanding gcc, binutils tools etc ..

So probably having

org.eclipse.cdt.gnu.core
org.eclipse.cdt.gnu.ui

would help and make it more unlikely we refuse new contributions.

> I'd like to ask for additional commetns and/or a formal vote on the
> restructuring below.

+ 1

Thanks.

Back to the top