Re: [cdt-dev] RFA: gnu plugins to be created

Who would have commit over these? cdt-core or cdt-build? Is this just for
build stuff, or do we also include parser stuff. Or, having said that,
should we be merging the core and build committer list? Sebastien has a
proposal for cleaning up the committer list, what ever happened to that?
What ever happened to Sebastien himself? :-)

While we're cleaning up, we need the following projects owned by cdt-build
for feature branding and tests.

org.eclipse.cdt.make
org.eclipse.cdt.make.tests
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.tests

We should also clean up the old projects and create a cdt-old project to
contain them. This will get them out of our face and make it easier to
check everything out of CVS. (I'm keeping cppunit so that I can bring it
back home some day...)

org.eclipse.cdt.aix
org.eclipse.cdt.aix-feature
org.eclipse.cdt.linux.gtk
org.eclipse.cdt.linux.gtk-feature
org.eclipse.cdt.linux.motif
org.eclipse.cdt.linux.motif-feature
org.eclipse.cdt.old
org.eclipse.cdt.qnx.photon
org.eclipse.cdt.qnx.photon-feature
org.eclipse.cdt.solaris.motif
org.eclipse.cdt.solaris.motif-feature
org.eclipse.cdt.win32
org.eclipse.cdt.win32-feature

Finally, I'd like to create project for building the superset CDT feature
which would contain source and the ISV docs as well as the platform and
both builders. These would be owned by cdt-releng:

org.eclipse.cdt.sdk
org.eclipse.cdt.sdk-feature

Doug Schaefer, Senior Software Developer
IBM Rational Software, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Alain Magloire" <alain@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
03/16/2004 03:42 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] RFA: gnu plugins to be created

bonjour,

   There was a request to create two new plugins

org.eclipse.cdt.gnu.core
org.eclipse.cdt.gnu.ui

The names are debatable.

Any action done on this.  It will certainly help to clean some
code and move things forward.

Thanks.