Re: [cdt-dev] Persisting discovered scanner configuration

Vlad,
There will be team implications if you save this information in the 'cdtproject' file. I am not sure if there is a better place for this information, but if it varies from user to user, then the project file is not the best candidate.

Sean Evoy
Rational Software - IBM Software Group
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Vladimir Hirsl/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/15/2004 04:04 PM

Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[cdt-dev] Persisting discovered scanner configuration

Hi All,
Now that we are in dawn of having some scanner configuration discovered
(captured?) from the build output there is a question of persisting this
information. For standard make projects user specified (the only kind
available so far) scanner configuration is currently handled by the
MakeScannerProvider.

An entity is needed that will persist discovered scanner configuration as
well as the user specified one. The reason why MakeScannerProvider is not
a viable choice is that discovered scanner configuration requires more
information persisted then user specified scanner configuration. So to
avoid change of format in .cdtproject file I propose adding
DiscoveredScannerInfoProvider that will persist discovered scanner
configuration and delegate handling of the user specified part to the
MakeScannerProvider. In case of disabled scanner config discovery, the
system would fall back to MakeScannerProvider only.

Hope to get your suggestions and comments in this matter.

Thanks,
Vladimir Hirsl