[cdt-dev] Managed build: Extending the default targets

I was using the managed build system and was expecting to be able to do
something like this:

   <extension
         id="test.managed"
         name="Test Managed Build"
         point="org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.ManagedBuildInfo">
      <target
            osList="win32"
            name="Test arm exec"
            parent="linux.gnu.exec"
            id="my.arm.linux.exec">
         <toolReference
               command="armv5l-linux-gcc"
               id="cdt.build.tool.linux.gnu.c.compiler">
         </toolReference>
      </target>
   </extension>

To override the default linux exec target to use my cygwin-based
cross-compiler.  Putting this in my plugin causes a null pointer
exception (in Target constructor line 130).

The problem seems to be that my extension is being loaded before the
default extensions in managedbuild.ui plugin.  Am I supposed to be able
to reference targets from other plugins, or does my plugin have to
contain a completely separate set of targets?  Thanks,

  Jeremiah Lott
  TimeSys Corporation

Back to the top