[cdt-dev] CDT needs more user feedback =;-)

Folks,

  Just a general comment to developers that we need to keep in mind
the "cost" in time of operations and functionality which we provide.
We should certainly take care to consider what might be a fast operation
for a small project with tens of files, how that would scale to a larger
project with thousands or tens of thousands of files.  In these cases
the user needs to be informed about what is happenening and hopefully
provide a way to cancel the operation if it is not taking a reasonable
amount of time.

I'll likely have a patch or two looking at a couple of specific
scenarios that I've run across for consideration to the core folks.

Thanks,
 Thomas

Back to the top