RE: [cdt-dev] Build model proposal

You know, I've encountered the same issues when dealing with
flex/bison.  Even in MSDEV, getting the rules set up so all
this works is a pain.

It would be really nice if the software supported the concept
of associating a chain of tools that need to be executed in a
certain sequence for building an  object file from a source
file.  In most situations, the build sequence would contain
one tool entry, but the architecture would support multiple
tool entries in the sequence to handle use cases like one
outlined by Martin.

If we get really motivated, the system could even emulate the
features in gnu make for dealing with intermediary and
secondary files.

gene