[4diac-dev] Confusion regarding communication architecture

Hi!

I'm implementing PostgreSQL support for Forte and I'm confused about some parts of the architecture. If someone have some time to help me understand it I would very much appreciate it.

On the web interruptCommFB is perfectly explained. But startEventChain (or is it startNewEventChain now?) isn't, so I'm not sure what its purpose is.

Also from the existing sources (xquery, OPC, and some others) it looks like there is always some kind of queue (and always implemented from scratch which is not ideal) for commands sent to a handler. I.e. "go and fetch me some data". But there is no queue of any kind for data that is going towards outputs of FBs. This doesn't look good if some process makes multiple data requests and Handler tries to send all responses to FB ouputs immediately. Or am I missing something big?

P.S.: I wanted to post this on the forum, but unfortunately I managed to lock my account and I don't know when the lock will time out.

Back to the top