Re: [4diac-dev] Finally retire the deployment perspective

On Mon, 2020-05-25 at 13:35 +0200, Jörg Walter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > What do you think is this the right direction of finally letting go of the Deployment Perspective? If yes I would start to clean-up my prototype and remove the
> > broken parts of the deployment perspective.
>
> I like these ideas. This can be a big improvement over the existing
> work, with little effort.

Happy to hear that.

> One thing I have noticed especially during live demos is that starting
> the runtime(s) is a bit clunky due to the many clicks it takes until
> multiple runtimes with different ports are launched. May I suggest that
> you add a project setting with a user-configurable list of launch
> commands? That would make ad-hoc management of prototypical projects so
> much easier -- click a "Launch all" button and all of them are started.

As the new window is a full fletched Eclipse RCP this could easily be integrated.

> The separation will also make it easier to implement more advanced
> deployment and monitoring mechanisms, like the one I will be developing
> later for a research project this year. Maybe keep this in mind, that
> there are well-defined extension points where custom plugins can change
> the deployment and monitoring window.

With the extension points we have and the possiblities of the new Window i hope we are on track here. But we are happy to get feedback where extension points
are missing or not good enough.

Cheers,
Alois

> Regards,