Re: [Wtp-wst-dev] Generic server example

Gorkem,

The title of my message was a little confusing.  I'm not referring to the "Generic Server Framework" within JST.  My extension points will come from org.eclipse.wst.server.core . etc not jst.  If no examples exist yet, that's ok.  I'll figure it out.  Thanks for the reply!

Brian

Gorkem Ercan <gorkem.ercan@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-wst-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/02/2005 05:00 AM

Please respond to
gercan and "Web Standard Tools developer discussions."

"Web Standard Tools developer discussions." <wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [Wtp-wst-dev] Generic server example

Hi Brian,
Are you interested about the generic server framework or the server
tooling in general? For generic servers a server definition without
the jst dependency is not possible since generic server framework live
in the jst. However if you do not care about jst dependency and you
wish to create a generic server plug-in for a non-j2ee server that is
possible but unfortunately no publicly available examples exist.

For server tooling it is possible to create a server plugin without
jst dependency but again no examples of such in WTP yet.
--
Hope this helps,
Gorkem Ercan

On 8/1/05, Brian Burns <bburns@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are there any examples of a WST Server implementation that does not use the
> JST extension points?  I would like to start work on an Apache web server
> implementation that has nothing to do with J2EE.  I was wondering if you
> guys could point me to an example to start working with.
>
> Cheers,
> Brian Burns

Gorkem Ercan