Re: [Wtp-wst-dev] Using JAVA_OPTS in tomcat

Hi Roger,

This mailing list is for WTP development, not usage questions. In the future, please post to the newsgroup first.

Launch the Tomcat server once, then go to the standard Eclipse Launch Configuration dialog (e.g. go to Debug perspective and use one of the Run... actions). In here you can select the launch configuration and change settings of the launch.

Thanks,
Tim deBoer
WebSphere Tools - IBM Canada Ltd.
(905) 413-3503  (tieline 969)
deboer@xxxxxxxxxx

"Stasko, Roger" <Roger.Stasko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-wst-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/25/2005 09:35 AM

Please respond to
"Web Standard Tools developer discussions."

<wtp-wst-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[Wtp-wst-dev] Using JAVA_OPTS in tomcat

How can Java properties be provided to the tomcat startup?

I have set the following environment variable: JAVA_OPTS=-Dcom.lmig.was.environment=local.

If I start tomcat outside of eclipse, this system property is available.  But if I start tomcat inside of Eclipse, the system property is not available.

Opening the server configuration in Eclipse does not appear to expose any way to declare these properties or tell Eclipse to read the JAVA_OPTS environment variable.

I am using Eclipse 3.1.0 (build I20050219-1500) with version 1.0 of WTP and Tomcat 4.1.3 on a Windows platform.