[wtp-releng] I have branched map files and what you need to do about it ...

Due to so many requests ... now, remember to visual a back seat full of kids bouncing up and down all saying ".. really, really, we really do have to go ... " :)
I have branched our map files to R3_0_maintenance.
If worse comes to worst, (and we have to respin 3.0) we'll have a little dual maintenance to do already! but .. pretty sure we won't be re-building.

From some talks too, I wanted to clarify procedure .... if a Project Leads takes this time to "divide up" map files into more meaningful components, so that some parts may branch, other parts not, then it is required to have the same division in all branches of the map files. Remember the goal is not to divide things based on whether you are branching or not ... but, to have meaningful chunks of things that should be branched together (or not). [and, then, only if you decide not to branch your whole sub-project].

Lastly, another important thing that I have decided to leave up to each project ... unlike previous years when I did it for all projects for which I was a committer ... I highly recommend each project tag their "3.0" code with a meaningful, consistent tag such as "R3_0" (or, perhaps, "R2_0" for JSF and JPA). The reason is, it that even though we have an automatic record of tags for each build, it is handy if you need to do "compares" on projects in your workspace, especially of several projects at once, to have a common, meaningful tag to specify. If there's ever any question in the future, or for example we had to rebuild, we would of course use the "official" tags of v<datetimestampe>.

As always, let us know if any of this isn't clear.