[wtp-releng] Reminders and Status of RC1

We will want to re-spin once or twice more, to pick up complete fix for bug 232717 (just a label change, thanks Raghu)
and to pickup the latest build from the platform (RC1?)  and EMF, etc.

So ... the reminder ... be sure not to _release_ any other code unless it's for a blocking problem (even then, it's best to find a PMC member and get it reviewed first).

You can commit code to HEAD if you have fixes that have either been reviewed and approved for RC2 (or, for which you are very confident they will be).
But "HEAD Builds" still have to be kicked off on-demand (and they will be canceled, if we need to re-spin while one is running).

In other words, be sure to leave HEAD in a pristine state from here on out (so it has same contents as 'released' code. If you have to "test" or "experiment" with something, be sure to do it in a side branch that's just for your own use so it won't contaminate HEAD.

Much thanks,

Back to the top