[wtp-releng] Performance Tests

Title: Performance Tests

Hello,

I am happy to announce that I have the performance tests setup and run successfully.
I have executed the perf test on two builds already:
http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/R2.0/R-2.0.1-20070926042742/
http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/R2.0/M-2.0.2-20071004053715/

Since all builds older than 2.0.1 are already moved to the archive site, I cannot use the PerfBuilder tool to execute the perf tests for them. This is why I use the official 2.0.1 release for a "reference base". The first 2.0.2 I-build (M-2.0.2-20071004053715) perf test results are referred to the results of that 2.0.1 release.

I am going to build perf test results for all declared builds on the WTP download site in the next days. One execution last for around 12 hours. But, before this I want to ask what is the for referring perf results.

        - 2.0.2 I-builds - Do I refer the results of the 2.0.2 I-build to the 2.0.1 build? Or, do I refer the results of the 2.0.2 I-build to the results of the previous 2.0.2 I-build?

        - 3.0 M-builds - I will refer 3.0 M1 to 2.0.1. But how about 3.0 M2? Referred to 3.0 M1, or again to 2.0.1?

And one more thing. There are still 5 failures in the j2ee core perf test:
http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/R2.0/M-2.0.2-20071004053715/perfresults/html/org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.core.tests.performance_.html

The reason is one and the same: illegal data set: contains neither AVERAGE nor AFTER values.
Is this a bug? Or there is still something wrong in my setup?

Greetings,
Kaloyan Raev
Eclipse WTP Committer
Senior Developer