RE: [wtp-releng] What's happened to our M3 candidate!! -- and what's happening next.

Thanks Kosta, I guess testing can start in earnest now ... and not a moment too soon, since we are supposed to declare on Wednesday, the 14th -- at the very latest!
(You'll note the latest Ganymede schedule says the 12th, but I explicitly did not agree to that).

Also, I've noticed we have 9 bugs marked as critical!?  I think some of those are maybe just a matter of getting the triaging done ... but, please do by Monday, so
we'll know what the real count is.  I was also surprised to see we have over 200 major bugs ... bug, we'll save that discussion for Thursday status I guess. It's hard to believe
we have that many missing functions!

So, I'd say the priorities are:
1. Fix the failing JUnit (or, if it is a "bad test", then it should be removed).
2. Fix or triage the 9 critical bugs
3. Test and update  http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Functional_Test_R30_M3

And, all by Tuesday EOD!

Remember to release code for only blocker and critical bugs (or major regressions) so we maintain stability.

Thanks,

"Konstantin Komissarchik" <kosta@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/11/2007 08:45 AM

Please respond to
Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Konstantin Komissarchik" <kosta@xxxxxxx>, "Webtools releng discussion list" <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [wtp-releng] What's happened to our M3 candidate!!

Looks like the last fix took care of all remaining failures related to my changes. We are now down to 1 failure in jpt, which I believe was there before.

http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/committers/drops/R3.0/S-3.0M3-20071111084533/

- Konstantin