[wtp-releng] Notes on tags and branches

Note: I have tagged all the JST and WST stuff that was part of WTP 2.0 with a tag of R2_0_0.
This should make it easier in several months to select a large number of projects and do a "compare" with R2_0_0
to see what's changed since release.

I believe Raghu has and Neil will do similar for JSF and Dali, but there of course, the tags would be R1_0_0.

I have also branched the map files in releng, as R2_0_maintenance. Please follow that same naming pattern when you branch your code.
And ... remember, we still need some discussion to see if there's better policies/processes we can follow so it's easier to tell what's branched,
and we all work on the same branches .... at least, all in the same teams or groups.

Neil and Raghu, please branch your releng projects as R1_0_maintenance. That is needed for the build scripts.

I've started to re-write the build scripts ... but, may take a while ... it's more complicated now than in the past.
So you should start seeing new builds soon.

Thanks

Back to the top