Re: [wtp-releng] WTP automated testing

The performance tests for WTP are very much a work in progress.  We launch them using an ANT task /releng.wtpbuilder/distribution/wtp.perf/build.xml.  You might want to take a look at that ant task for information on how to launch or you may be able to launching using that ant task itself.  A lot of the performance tests themselves are out of date and some are not running properly.  It will be a focus item in WTP 3.0.

Hope that helps,

John Lanuti
IBM Web Tools Platform Technical Lead, IBM Rational
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861

Tomas Kalibera <kalibera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/06/2007 12:09 PM

Please respond to
Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-releng] WTP automated testing

Hi,

I'm trying to run the WTP performance tests, so far without success.
I've read the document "WTP Automated Testing"
(http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/development/tests.html), but it seems
to be rather outdated. Can someone give me a short advice on how to run
the performance tests now ? I would like to run performance tests
regularly on nightly builds.

I know how to run the core Eclipse releng's performance tests, but I
wasn't able to run WTP tests in the same way. Have the tests to be run
using cruise control ?

Thanks,
Tomas