Fw: [wtp-releng] WTP 2.0 M6 Respin @ 4:30 pm EST

Hi,

I've finished running the Web services smoke test on the WTP 2.0 M6 respin driver (S-2.0M6-200704052024 build).  I've also hit the other components lightly as well (creating dynamic Web project, Tomcat servers, WSDL Editor, creating servlet etc.).   Everything looks good!  I've also verified that the org.apache.axis plugin containing reference to org.apache.commons_logging is properly released to this build.

So this driver looks good!

Regards,

Kathy Chan
Rational Java Web Services, IBM Toronto Lab
D3-354, D3/R8V/8200/MKM, 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L6G 1C7
kathy@xxxxxxxxxx, (905) 413-3022, tieline: 969-6038, fax: (905) 413-4920

----- Forwarded by Kathy Chan/Toronto/IBM on 04/05/2007 07:24 PM -----
John Lanuti <jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/05/2007 03:36 PM

Please respond to
Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>

wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-releng] WTP 2.0 M6 Respin @ 4:30 pm EST

Good news, bad news, I guess.

Bad news?  We need to respin the WTP 2.0 M6 build at 4:30 pm EST today to pick up some major doc changes from Kate and to fix a problem with Axis packaging.  In case you are not in the loop of this common.apache.logging issue (and I wish I wasn't) we still have a problem.  We released changes for Axis to react to logging plugin changes, but the Axis plugins are built using a separate third party jar build which is then incorporated to the WTP build.  We just missed this manual step.  So, we will be adressing that and the doc issues.

The good news?  This should only affect web services.  Every other component will not need to re-smoke the build.  We'll just make sure web services does a fairly rigorous smoke test to act as a sniff test for other components.  :-)

Teams should still plan on updating the smoke test wiki ASAP with their thumbs up to declare M6.

Thanks,

John Lanuti
IBM Web Tools Platform Technical Lead, IBM Rational
IBM Software Lab - Research Triangle Park, NC
jlanuti@xxxxxxxxxx
t/l 441-7861