Re: [wtp-releng] WTP Build error, Could not create task or type of type: eclipse.fetch

The OS is (mostly) Windows XP ... I've tried Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 1, and, even tried a little with Linux Redhad, with similar results on all.
(I'd like to do on Windows .. since I have more machines available with that on it ... hmm, I have another with Windows 2000 :)

Thanks for taking up the challange :) ... as a hint (or distraction?) ... I actually tried this (sort of) myself, and while not really getting any further, I did get a hint.
I tried uninstalling all my JREs/JDKs (on windows) and re-installing JDK 1.4.2_08 afresh. I also re-"installed" apache-ant 1.6.5, to make sure it was a fresh good copy.

I immediately found a new error message, from deep in the bowls of the apache ant scripts ... "did not find tools.jar ..... expected to find it in XYZ" ... where, XYZ was
a JRE install (not the SDK I installed) under the Program Files directory.

I tired all the obvious ... copying the tools.jar there ... uninstalling that JRE, re-installing my JDK, etc. ...
and while I could make that "tools.jar not found" message go away ... I never really got any further.

Maybe my experience will refresh some memories?

I just hope I don't have to reinstall the OS!  :)

Naci Dai <naci.dai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-releng-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/03/2005 11:38 AM

Please respond to
naci.dai and Webtools releng discussion list

Webtools releng discussion list <wtp-releng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [wtp-releng] WTP Build error,        Could not create task or type of        type: eclipse.fetch

> I'd challange each to find a fresh machine and give it a whirl?

You are on :-)... I will try it on one of the traning PC's at the office
tomorrow and let you know.  I will document my steps as I go.  Those
machines are restored from a clean OS image so should be a good
approximation.

BTW: What is your OS?

Back to the top