RE: [wtp-incubator-dev] [jaxws] API review - capabilities/docs/coverage

I've added two pages to the wiki for documenting the API and extension points in the JAX-WS Tools.

http://wiki.eclipse.org/JAX-WS_Tools_API_Catalog
http://wiki.eclipse.org/JAX-WS_Tools_Extension_Points

It's still a WIP obviously. I'll pad out the information i added over the next few days with some more info/examples.

I followed the example set by http://wiki.eclipse.org/API_catalog for the API documentation.

> Something you guys may want to consider is putting and creating the
> documentation on the wiki and then using Mylyn Wiki Text plugins and ant
> Tasks to generate the Eclipse Help documentation.

> If you guys need some help with generating extension point
> documentation, I can help with that as I've done it for the wst.xsl
> source editing component.
>
> Some info on using the wiki for documentation:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/DocumentationGuidelines
>
> Some examples:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/PDE/User_Guide
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/PsychoPathXPathProcessor/UserManual
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/XSLT_Project/UserGuide/Editor

Thanks Dave for the links. It's a good idea and something we'll look to do.

> > Do you have any idea how this documentation should look like? Does it need to be pretty detailed or it should give a brief overview on API/extension points?

Any thoughts/opinions on the format used so far?

Thanks,
Shane

Free upgrade for your Windows Live Messenger! Click here!

Back to the top