Re: [wtp-dev] PsychoPath XPath 2.0 processor

Hi Svante

I was part of the process of moving PsychoPath XPath into it’s current place in WTP, including making most of the W3C tests run.

However, I haven’t been contributing for a long time, I’m afraid.

While the code builds fine on my machine, due to all manner of Eclipse P2 wizardry which I don’t understand, I can’t easily make the tests run, either. A big cause of this is the system of bundling all external packages which Eclipse relies on into so-called “Orbit” bundles, and the dependencies on the Eclipse-specific OSGi-stuff, which seems irrelevant to an XPath2 processor. I’m sure it’s genious, but it’s not exactly easy for the intermittent contributor such as myself.

If you want to go forward with this, I would recommend forking the sourceediting repo and restructure the xpath2 processor and tests projects into one source, and go with that. You'll need to find the java_cup LALR generator libraries used for the XPath2 grammar, and also the www.jflex.de lexer.

-Jesper