Re: [wtp-dev] Location for faceted project framework docs

Kosta,

I own the ISV docs.

>Where in the repository is this located?

The ISV plug-in you're looking for is located in wst/components/docs/plugins/org.eclipse.wst.doc.isv [1].

>Does every committer have access to the docs area?

Yup. The docs plug-ins are controlled the same as all other WTP plug-ins.

>What format should the docs be in?

For now, HTML will do for ISV docs. We're currently in the process of migrating WTP's documentation to DITA [1] but won't get this complete in the ISV docs for 1.5.

>Is there a template?

No, but you can take a look at the exiting docs both for WTP and other Eclipse projects.

>How do I hook them into the table of contents?

This is done with a TOC file located in the doc plug-in. Take a look at [2]. I can provide more information if you need it.

>Do docs get built by automatic builds?

Yes. You should automatically see the changes you made to the facet documentation in future builds.

>I am thinking we should have a Faceted Project Framework sub-section in the docs. I am planning to have at least two documents in that section for 1.5.
>A tutorial and a “what’s new and different” document to cover changes in the api and extension points.

Sounds good. As you haven't worked with Eclipse docs before I think the safest approach is for you to create a patch for the doc.isv plug-in with your new documentation and attach it to a bug ccing Kate Price and me. We can then review and work together to finalize this contribution to the help system. I think this will need to get done in RC3 in order to be included. If this can't be contained in the next week or two you can post this information to the website for 1.5 and we can look to include it in 1.5.1.

[1] http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/wst/components/doc/plugins/org.eclipse.wst.doc.isv/?cvsroot=WebTools_Project
[2] http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/wst/components/doc/plugins/org.eclipse.wst.doc.isv/toc_WST.xml?rev=1.2&cvsroot=WebTools_Project&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Lawrence Mandel

Software Developer
IBM Rational Software
Phone: 905 - 413 - 3814   Fax: 905 - 413 - 4920
lmandel@xxxxxxxxxx

"Konstantin Komissarchik" <kosta@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/11/2006 11:53 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues." <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] Location for faceted project framework docs

I am wondering how would I go about adding some docs about the faceted project framework to the ISV documentation. Where in the repository is this located? Does every committer have access to the docs area? What format should the docs be in? Is there a template? How do I hook them into the table of contents? Do docs get built by automatic builds?

I am thinking we should have a Faceted Project Framework sub-section in the docs. I am planning to have at least two documents in that section for 1.5. A tutorial and a “what’s new and different” document to cover changes in the api and extension points.

- Konstantin

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain
information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated
entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or
by email and then delete it.