Re: [wtp-dev] xml content assist and others moved to internal

We'll be preparing a larger "state of WTP Architecture" note for M4 exit, but your question shows
importance of proper naming conventions. I'm not sure what you were using from
content assist, but most of it was never committed for "public API" in Release 1.

In short, WTP is being very conservative about what's declared API. And, yes,
due to a number of factors, there will be fewer in Release 1 that we would have
predicted when we started the project. This is no way represents a change
in the long term goals and plans for WTP, just an open and honest acknowledgement
of progress made and where things are now as we approach its first Release.

I suggest if you have specific requests, you open feature requests detailing the
use case of what you are trying to accomplish. While little can be done to change
what's API and what's not for our currently planned Release 1, its never to early to
get to feedback and requests from the community, even if it becomes a Release 2 item.

Thanks

"Max Rydahl Andersen" <max.andersen@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/17/2005 10:03 AM

Please respond to
"General discussion of project-wide or architectural issues."

"wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx" <wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] xml content assist and others moved to internal

Hi,

After now having used a couple of hours unwinding from the late "move
stuff to internal if not public API",
I'm kinda disappointed since almost anything that has to do with providing
extensions for content assist
in XML files are now marked as internal.

Is this something that will be made to an API in the near future or is it
not a focal point for WTP ?

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate