[wtp-dev] Moving to M6 based development

In case others don't know (I follow eclipse.dev and still had to verify with platform team) ...

When using M6 in a target, you will *have* to move up to a development environment based on M6.
This is so the development environment (PDE) can correctly handle the new "jarred plugins" the base is moving to.

AFAIK, existing workspaces should be fine
to point the new environment to.

BTW, as we learned (suffered through) last release, forward compatibility from milestone to milestone is never guaranteed, we've just been lucky it usually works.

Thanks

Back to the top