[wtp-dev] Javadoc phrases and coding standards

I've moved the common Java doc phrases file to wst/components/common/development.

I've also added a wtp-code-format.xml file.  These are the java coding standards the j2ee team has been using which we hope the entire WTP community will adopt.  These standards are of course open to debate; the important thing is that we all converge on some standard.

Thank you,

Jason A. Sholl
jsholl@xxxxxxxxxx
919-543-0011 (t/l 441-0011)

Brad Blancett/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Sent by: wtp-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/14/2005 05:05 PM

Please respond to
wtp-dev

wtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[wtp-dev] common Java doc phrases

To keep consistency across WTP Java Doc, we have started a common phrase document. I grabbed most of these from existing java doc (JDT/Sever). Please feel free to add and edit comments. The file JavaDocComments.txt has been released to jst\components\j2ee\development.

Classes:

* This class is not intended to be instantiated or subclassed by clients

* This class may be instantiated; it is not intended to be subclassed.

* This constructor is package-private; all subclasses must be declared in the same package; clients are unable to declare additional subclasses.

* This Class is an abstract class, and clients are intended to subclass and own their implementation.

* This class is for internal use only. Clients should not call this class.

Interfaces:

* Clients implementing this interface may subclass from  <code>some class</code>

* Clients implementing this interface may also implement  <code>some interface</code> to get additional context

* This interface declares constants only; it is not intended to be implemented.

* This interface is not intended to be implemented by clients.

Methods:

* Subclasses may extend this method to perform their own <some function>.

* This constructor is for internal use only. Clients should not call this constructor.

* This method is for internal use only. Clients should not call this method

* The default implementation of this method returns <code>null</code>  Subclasses may reimplement.

Brad Blancett
IBM Software Solutions
Tie  3-2650

Back to the top