[wakaama-dev] DTLS/socket problem after reconnecting to mobile network

Hello,

Working on a product with lwm2m that connects to a server using modem.
The connection to the server is using coaps (DTLS). We are using
wakaama as lwm2m client.

We are using a modem that draws quite a lot of power. To improve
our battery life we need to set the modem in low power mode between
data transmissions. To set the modem in low power mode the modem
needs to release it's data context and close the socket (in the modem).

This seems to mess up things for us. When sending data again after
waking the modem from low power mode we don't see any update on the
lwm2m server.

Is that anything we need to call in wakaama to get this to work?
We don't want wakaama to deregister from the server. Ideally we just
want to pick up our current DLTS session and continue where we were.

But I assume that might be a problem since we get a new ip-address
from the network when waking up the modem from low power mode.

Thanks,

   Henrik

Back to the top