Re: [wakaama-dev] [External] Re: Server Reconnect and Disconnect

Hey David,

Thanks for the response. Actually what I’ve done is gone into the server/security c files in the client example and hardcoded an additional instance of each. In doing so I was able to create an additional server connection and connected two servers to a single client(2 terminal windows running ./lwm2mserver and 1 running ./lwm2mclient). And so when disconnecting a server from the client, I can no longer reconnect to that same local UDP port. When I disconnect a server using either ^C or q and try to reconnect, I get “failed sending (x) bytes, missing connection”.

-Sanjeet

From: wakaama-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wakaama-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of david.navarro@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2017 12:59 AM
To: 'Wakaama developer discussions' <wakaama-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [External] Re: [wakaama-dev] Server Reconnect and Disconnect

Hi,

First note that LwM2M use a different terminology than REST protocols. In LwM2M, the end-device is named the Client and the managing entity is named the Server. Even if the end-device is the one presenting resources to be manipulated by the managing entity.

So if I understand correctly your use-case, you have two LwM2M Clients registering to a LwM2M Server. How do you “disconnect” the Client from the Server ?

It looks like you killed the LwM2M Server and the LwM2M Client registration update messages get no response.

Regards,

David Navarro