[wakaama-dev] wakaama on iOS

Hello all,

I recently did some work on an LWM2M client app for iOS that incorporates eclipse-wakaama. The app consists of the following parts:

- An “embeddable client” - based on the light client, a client that offers an API and can be embedded into an application rather than being controlled through the main function
- Some smaller changes to the existing wakaama codebase (a switch to toggle IPV4, IPV6 usage; a function to create an URI from numbers rather than a string)
- Object handling C files (handwritten based on wakaama code, to be replaced by code generated by a eclipse-vorto code generator I am working on)
- iOS UI and data acquisition written in Swift

As you can see, I was generally able to run wakaama on iOS without major adjustments to the code.

I would like to make the source code available and am wondering about the right approach:

- For the embeddable client and changes, I would create tickets in bugs.eclipse.org and file pull requests - would that be the appropriate approach? (I have already signed an Eclipse CLA)
- For the eclipse-vorto code generator, I plan to contribute that to the vorto project.
- For the iOS code in Swift - is that something that would be welcome and useful in the wakaama project? Or should I keep that separate.

By the way, as a short introduction: I work at Bosch Software Innovations like some of the contributors to wakaama, at our Berlin/Germany location.

Best regards,
    Christian Renz

--
Christian Renz

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Development Core Products (INST/ESW-Be)
Schöneberger Ufer 89-91
10785 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.de
www.blog.bosch-si.com

Phone +49 30 726112 140
Mobile +49 173 1042818
Fax +49 30 726112 100
christian.renz@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B
Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach; Michael Hahn

Back to the top