[wakaama-dev] Wakaama, SparkCore and OM2M

Hi all,

I'm a post-graduate student at the University of Stellenbosch, specializing in M2M communications.

Currently, out team is developing IoT devices for home appliances. We are using a Spark Core as the embedded controller on each device. We are also using the Eclipse OM2M platform as a ETSI compliant middleware component for M2M communications.

We want to use Wakaama as a LWM2M implementation to enable device management, implement the standardized CoAP protocol and security.

I have three questions regarding the above:
  1. How would we go about integrating OM2M with a Wakaama client? (Would this require somehow integrating a Leshan server on top of OM2M?)
  2. Are there examples available for porting the Wakaama client onto the Spark Core?
  3. Are there examples where Wakaama is implemented for real IoT deployments?
This is my first introduction to Wakaama and LWM2M so I apologise in advanced if these are newbie questions.

Kind regards
Andrew

Back to the top