[wakaama-dev] Use of lwm2m_context_t in lwm2m_object_t callback / "lwm2m_resource_value_changed" and write from other lwm2m server

Hi all,

sometimes I’m faced a situation, in which I would like to call some lwm2m functions from a lwm2m_object_t callback.

e.g. when executing “/1/0/8” (LWM2M Server / Registration update trigger) or when a different LWM2M Server writes

values, which may be observed by a other LWM2M Server.

But calling lwm2m functions (e.g. “lwm2m_resource_value_changed”) would require a “lwm2m_context_t”, which is

not reachable via “lwm2m_object_t” and making it available via a “global variable” is not something, I would prefer.

I’m also not sure, if such a call of lwm2m functions from a callback is a good idea (reentrant?).

Currently I used the return values and move the “effective code” to the core (e.g. as it was for “lwm2m_resource_value_changed”).

So, any ideas, which design for such functionality would be best?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Achim Kraus

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH

Communications (INST/ESY4)

Stuttgarter Straße 130

71332 Waiblingen

GERMANY

www.bosch-si.de

www.blog.bosch-si.com

achim.kraus@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B

Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach; Michael Hahn

Back to the top