[volttron-dev] Platform Driver Agent Updates: How to find the work-in-progress code.
  • From: "Raker, David M" <david.raker@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 22:06:12 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=pnnl.gov; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=pnnl.gov; dkim=pass header.d=pnnl.gov; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=EbI6aXuqawltLFlmbC597MnALdJKKUDFYmi8NhKZh1k=; b=GKLsIY5/CLkQuPRYy2Hiz5O7mZ0XXfhwOxl+ds2iCCh/ymA+fl3Qtj/aemVYpAtqm6n76H4nnv7q9ucgy+/gJ0POGb4mkdlSBp2yQCVWBrFXUb1xv59oNGwOFn4tEi/bYGRnCRJ/BXDPYhAekQ0TIiURr8A8jXGug50m6gpZn/mh94ZrHnBTEzN6OX24HsiSrXR9UNCfFYplv0ae31++/X9SSVk7lhORmkGS0c0lbUWVhnXsdgXlQMsXyD2kKiFtt5Qiv+UtI0utY3S1HsTRakRmDUL0on8p3lwlhElIELpPUEbJ+Vx80pjcikX+FOhOI9Kkd7N2PU0b0lmYTwOmPQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=S56NsuWAFIJfL98L1B31vfgmmf5LsmjraSbwheeonoP5VOu9Zefe3g4YqZrFnTD+qhYl0Rx+npGKgHh1efIK/pvef8hElOxIFAsSYU18Lst3nmEjyOCEd+Qhz30115D6NX3C6zmDt0mFmukQD6NMJ/fMzSa6MAXJYCH31+hpZxXA7CgbnEqYf4qLAXXx2wT65rgELGvfCEhft9gnwnYjEUxS0j3uNlien1flp/nPug+tY7lnozw0k6xtsC1r44+yHN9somhkOhIEeTcH6GPQ2R3MZFcP5+rx7mI+9F9NZxUWH56PrLrSdNAbXqFiyoyUsMtgIZY60gkzujwffgrPYQ==

The latest work on the new version of the platform driver has been pushed, and is available to peruse. Please note that this is not a complete, working version of the updated agent – by analogy to a car, the transmission is in pieces on a workbench nearby. The current version is the result of merging new backend work with the existing platform driver and actuator agents. A good portion (not all) of the API layer of the agent is complete, but it is all untested. By API layer, here, I mean the functions related to RPC, PubSub, and instantiation/configuration. We will next be finishing the remaining portions of this layer and updating tests to identify any defects with the user interface before finishing the backend .

I have made sure that the agent starts and runs. I am able to configure a Fake Driver and get a point from it. I have not tested the other RPC methods, however, and there are significant chunks missing still (e.g., it does not poll/scrape anything yet, and even some of the RPC methods are not yet functional). That said, it should provide some insight into the overall architecture of the new agent. We will look at the code and discuss the new internal design of the agent at the next Driver Working Group meeting next Monday, March 18.

To run the agent, you will need to edit pyproject.yml to reflect where you have installed some pieces that don't exist yet on PyPi. Clone these repositories from my fork (github username: “davidraker”) and check out the following branches:

Dave

Back to the top