[volttron-dev] Volttron 10 and Containers

Hi all!

So we discussed this topic a bit at the end of the last office hours. I believe the conclusion of the discussion was that the core dev team would provide a container with a Volttron Central Agent, Platform Driver Agent, and SQL-lite historian which would expose a Volttron control port for loading additional agents through vctl running on another node.  This would constitute a control center that would, in one deployment embodiment, run in a public cloud.

I'd also like to put in a word for a container with a Volttron Central Platform Agent, Platform Driver Agent, and Forwarding Historian that could constitute a remote site deployment. In addition, I think a case could be made for a Dockerfile and associated Python build code that could package any agent into a container, for example just the BACnet proxy agent. This would allow agents to work more like microservices and be more incrementally deployable and upgradable.

Any comments? Am I missing something?

        jak

Back to the top