[ve-dev] Re: VE and Groovy

>> In fact I have recently finished a project that, if
>> incorporated into the current VE would make it much easier
>> for other plugin developers to extend VE for use with XML,
>> C++ source code etc.
>Was this a project that can be seen publicly?
It's not at present but I'm happy to publish it/have it adopted into VE.

>And if joined the project and contributed your code, we could very well
>start by maintaining it in a branch, and progressively bring it back in
>the trunk.
Sounds good

>Does this integrates with the Groovy Eclipse plugin?
Not at present - to integrate it the Groovy plug-in needs to implement the Groovy equivalent of the JDT's ICompilationUnit, particularly with regard to Working Copies. VE relies on Working copies to co-ordinate the updates to the source code. I need to raise this with the Groovy team and volunteer to help implement this if needed.

>> I am happy to send you a copy of the Not Just Java plugin so
>> that you test it out, as well as the analysis and design paper.
>I look forward to it. To avoid putting too much load oon the list, what
>about putting it either as aa bugzilla post attachment of a wiki post?
>You could then send and email to the list for everyone to peek at it.
I'll look at doing this early next week.

>My best suggestion would be start a wiki page under
>http://wiki.eclipse.org/VE/Documentation
>We could use that as a base to later pull that into plugins as doc.
>
>Cathy: you are a a god send!
>welcome!
No problem - VE is a great tool and I am happy to help keep it going and make it even better.

Back to the top