Re: [ve-dev] is the VE dead or alife ?

Shure why not. I not shure if I can help because I suspect that VE is very complex project and my knowlegde about Eclipse plugins, SWT and GEF is very poor.

My primary playground is plain Java with JDBC and Swing, but I am not to old to learn more.

I have some expirience with other GUI builder and my expirience is that the VE is the most easy and intuitive to use GUI builder but with a large footprint and very bad performance and intolerant code parser.

Can it be that the VE is a bit to generic ? Is it nessecary to support a generic platform or should we provide a stable Java GUI builder as a template for creating builders for other platforms ?

Helping VE keep alive sounds like a very impressive job !

Kind regards

Jan Lolling