[ve-dev] Ambiguous ContainerTreeEditPart Helper

Building support for the Forms layout -- generating and revising code well.
Implementation utilizes a distinct LayoutPolicyHelper instance per container EditPart to hold a model of the layout and various state data.

Current problem involves enabling drag and drop in VE's JavaBean view.

If I understand the VE implementation, in constructing the JavaBean View, the ContainerTreeEditPart#createLayoutPolicyHelper() method calls the LayoutPolicyFactor#getLayoutPolicyHelper(VisualContainerPolicy vcp) for each container in a VE view to retrieve a LayoutPolicyHelper that, in turn, is used in supporting DnD.

Unfortunately, the "getLayoutPolicyHelper()" call is hard-coded with a *null* as the policy parameter value. I therefore have no basis to know which container/model specific helper to return -- would be easy to figure out the EditPart from a ContainerPolicy that identifies its container. Currently, I am returning a default/barely initialized helper for each container in the JavaBean view and naturally getting null editPart errors on the drop actions.

Is VE doing some late binding of the JavaBean view helpers to container edit parts? Cannot see how helpers for the other layouts managers are getting assigned a container edit part, which I presume they are as needed for code generation.

Can you point me to where/how the JavaBean view helpers are being set with a container edit part.

Thanks,
Gerald

Back to the top