From: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Rich Kulp
Sent: 11 May 2006 14:12
To: Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project
Subject: Re: [ve-dev] Contributing to registry prior to componentinstantiation?

Hi,

That shouldn't be how it works. The configuration contributor is called before it returns with a registry to the rest of the code. The should not be able to instantiate anything else before all of the contribute to registry methods are called.

Rich

Darren Hurt <darren.hurt@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

05/11/2006 07:27 AM

Please respond to
Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project'" <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[ve-dev] Contributing to registry prior to component instantiation?

I have noticed one thing about this registry contribution mechanism.

The code does not get called until the component instances have been created.
It would be nice if the contributor had a method that was called prior to instantiation of
the component instances (as well as the current method of course).

This means that some configuration changes do not take effect immediately, and you need first
to open and close an editor.

For example, if you change the look and feel configurations, the first time you open up an editor,
it still has the previous look and feel.

I am working with the 1.1.0 visual editor.

1) Is there any way around this?
2) Has this been resolved in later versions, or if not are there any plans to resolve it?

    Thanks,
        Darren Hurt