Re: [ve-dev] how to update

Hi,

You didn't say which URL you used, the Callisto URL or the VE only URL. I'm assuming the Callisto URL from the looks of the image. So I asked the Callisto people and this is their response:

I'm not sure from the screen shot, but it might be that you need to start with the Eclipse 3.2 M6/RC0 version of code? (not M5, not RC1 .. and certainly not 3.1).
Or, there might be something where you have "conflicting" versions of some of the prereq's .. such as EMF or something, so I'd recommend starting with
a fresh version of plain eclipse.

Thanks,
Rich

Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha <ezequias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/20/2006 08:59 AM

Please respond to
Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project <ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [ve-dev] how to update

Thank you Rich,

But I am having some problems with the configuration. I added the URL
but I got an error like you can see @:
http://static.flickr.com/48/131850260_7bac0d795f.jpg?v=0

I hope you could help me.

Ezequias

Rich Kulp escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> If you mean you want the update manager? If you want to get the latest
> released code (which is VE 1.1.0.1 and works only on Eclipse 3.1.x),
> then the update site is:
>
> http://update.eclipse.org/tools/ve/updates/1.0/
>
> If you want to step up to the latest milestone 1.2 development
> drivers, then you should be using the new Callisto site. For that you
> should download and install Eclipse 3.2RC0 yourself, and then use the
> Callisto update site to get VE. Go to this web page for the
> instructions on how to use Callisto:
>
> http://download.eclipse.org/callisto/releases/
>
> Thanks,
> Rich Kulp

Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha
http://ezequiasrocha.blogspot.com
msn:ezequias@xxxxxxxxxxx
"the worst of democracies is still better than the best of dictatorship"